Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Platforms

There are all kinds of platforms



While I would love nothing more than to wear those beautiful barf orange shoes every day of my life or belly flop off the top of the olympic diving platform, I'm not here to discuss that right now. 

Platform is also a classification of social media. So your Twitters, Facebooks, Instagrams, Vines, and so on are also defined as a kind of platform. 

If you want your person, business, cause, idea, or movement to get known in the world today, you need to be on these platforms. That's just the way the butter is churned, Margaret. Deal with it. 

I want to take a second and introduce you to one of my new favorite platforms, Vine. Vine allows you to take 6 second videos of anything you want. It has a set up similar to Instagram where it's purely a mobile application but allows people to view vines if you share them via Twitter or FB. I've recently got into this and let my creativity flow. I spent almost two hours making a 6 second vine last week and I  loved it. It's interesting how creativity flourishes when there are strict bounds set. It makes you think harder about everything that can be fit within those bounds. Here is that vine:




Again, this is just one of the many platforms you can use to be creative and get your ideas out there. 

Some good links on vine to check out. 



2 comments:

  1. Ha ha I love the the different platform pictures you started with. Your blog is always an interesting one to read.

    ReplyDelete